Thursday, February 24, 2011

Scout Week-end

We had SNOW....it really came down .....AFTER....the scouts went home. They camped Friday night on our property then Mark had to take them up to Sunrise to play in the snow....if only they didn't have to go home after I fed them on Saturday afternoon....it really started coming down. I made my first snow bear and put him on the deck looking in the window so Dan's boys could see him from inside. They were so impressed that I put eyebrows on him LOL!
Here are a couple of scouts in Friday night by our campfire.
The trees are SO BEAUTIFUL with all the snow on them....it felt like the holidays.
Dan's car got covered and he got the snow plow out ...as we were worried about more coming down on Sunday....and IT DID! Mark drove the scouts home on Saturday afternoon....we came home on Monday.
Back home to the valley and finally replaced all my poor geraniums that got the frost damage right after Christmas. I love Spring flowers....even though it really isn't Spring ...yet!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Oh Gretchen, you have the best of both worlds. I love your snow bear. Even just working with mother nature your creative whimsy comes out. And the final pic with flowers back in Gilbert... brings Easter to mind. We are still in the throws of winter here... but with March coming.. we will be begin to see some tulips popping out.