Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Valentine Dress

This picture isn't the best....but it is the only picture I have. I never thought of it as being my best Valentine dress....but wow ...guess it is! I wore it to play my second solo recital in Pomona California at the private Scripps College Recital Hall, my senior year. My professor was the most awesome person. He helped me get to college by having this scholarship recital for me as well as giving me a job in his store. He posted my picture in the paper and sent his best piano over from his music store. He taped me playing in his studio and sent the tape to ASU for my audition. I owe him so much.

This is me with the young man who brought the gospel into my life. He left a message in my yearbook that prompted me to investigate the church. He went to Sweden on his mission. I visited there this past summer, as well as Denmark. He left without baptizing me into the church because my parents were totally against it. I joined the beginning of my sophomore year.....September 7, 1973 is my special day.

This picture is of the two of us at a dance at ASU. It's funny how I like red...I wore a red outfit at ASU to enter the concerto competition a few years ago, when I went back at age 41 to try and finish my degree. I ALMOST made it, I never played my senior recital since I injured my hand in the competition with over-practice. It took a whole year to heal and I decided to not have hand surgery. I think I am prouder of my algebra grades at that time. I had always struggled with math. To get an 'A' at the college level in my three math classes just really rang my bell LOL! I always got A's in my piano juries so that just didn't mean as much to me.

Thank you, Dennis!

2 comments:

dennis said...

You are welcome.Thank you for the nice words.Your baptism was a thrill for me too.I was awfully handsome back then LOL.We look sooo young.I guess cause we were.Great memories of a great time.

Mark and Gretchen said...

Only about 40 years ago....LOL! Yes, you look pretty handsome in that photo. Great memories!