Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Simada

I decided to get some quail eggs on sale at the new Chinese supermarket I found. LOVE that place...it is like stepping back in time and being in Hong Kong again...with all the sights and SMELLS....you have to be able to endure the smell of fish.... because it hits you in the face when you walk in that place! I wanted to do deviled eggs...but how tedious to cut these apart...SO I made a dip instead, half mayo and half brown mustard. Totally cute for Easter parties...I decided to leave three of them with their shells still on. Hope my little grandkids will like deviled eggs as much as my kids did when they were little.
I hosted my ladies' group for the year last night. This is the morning after with everything pretty much eaten up. I found the lavender pretzels at Fry's...yummy...raspberry yoghurt! The ladies had never heard of an epergne. They are centerpieces common in the 1700 and 1800's, mostly made of metal. Mine is glass and I LOVE it. I have looked at them for years in antique stores.
Nothing like having people over to get the cupboards all waxed and everything "sparkling." Maybe I should be more motivated and have someone over every month....NAHHHHH!!! My candy lights arrived just in time to put on my Spring tree for the kids. Lareece does the heavy-duty crochet stuff....I do things like little baskets that take about 10 minutes each...that's more my speed.

No comments: