Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break

My newest "loves!" Cake pops have been around awhile....Martha did them several years ago....but I have now been bitten by the bug and had to get this book. They look so easy.....plan on trying them for Easter. Tartine....is a favorite already...love their tart ideas and recipes....they are a bakery in San Francisco. I never did an "egg wash" on my tarts until I saw this book. Babycakes is from a N.Y. bakery and I got it at Anthro....lots of gluten-free, sugar-free and vegan stuff.....EWWWWW! Well....I can use Will as my guinea pig.

Have a great Spring Break everyone!
Here is a recipe my neighbor/friend gave me for truffles. I plan on making mine egg-shaped for Easter.

OREO TRUFFLES

Ingredients
1 (16 oz.) package Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies, divided.
1 (8 oz.) package of Philadelphia cream cheese, softened.
2 (8 oz.) packages Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted.

Directions
1. Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor, reserve for later use. You can crush them other ways....(use your imagination) I don't use a food processor myself.....
Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls (or eggs ...or whatever.)...about 1 inch diameter.

2. Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.

3. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in fridge.

Now doesn't that look EASY? I think I will try pastel- colored chocolate melts from Michaels....or my expensive white chocolate from Shar's for the adults.


No comments: