Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stake Conference

Elder Grow visited our Stake this past week-end and very emphatically announced that seniors should be serving missions. Hubby and I have already discussed this possibility. I find it interesting that after he spoke....people I don't even know ......sitting all around me start pointing their fingers at me and TELLING me...."time to go on another mission"....INCREDIBLE.

Hmmmm....isn't that little bit like asking someone WHEN they are going to have another baby? Isn't that kind of a private matter? I found it most astonishing that I got those remarks immediately after returning from my first mission....again....people in my stake that I barely know hitting me up at the grocery store, etc.... Oh well....more church "culture" at work.....LOL!

We recently had dinner with a couple Mark knew from work. They served in Scotland.....PR mission. The wife is now a Stk. RS Pres. somewhere in Mesa. She told me...."I HATE that question!" It's like asking a woman still in the stirrups after childbirth being asked when she is going to do THIS again....BA HA HA HA!

After all is said and done....we are so grateful for all the Lord has done for us and all His tender mercies to us and the bounteous life we lead....SURE....we WILL go again. Starting to prepare NOW. Gotta go....buh bye!

No comments: