Friday, April 22, 2011

The Pageant

Here's a picture of Simona (her first time to the pageant) and Keira's mom (acting in pageant.) You can't really see Anastasia Sofia...but she went TOO! She did a lot of kicking and made her mom VERY uncomfortable! I think the sound system went clear through to the womb.....

Yes....I did it again.....I sacrificed MY body to sit in the broiling sun for three hours so that my family members could have a great seat at the Easter Pageant. This year the pageant had HUGE banners that read.....

NO RESERVED SEATING

I thought that was really nice....so that all the people who come late can just march up to the front and have the best seat in the house.....except for one MINOR detail. There was a rope right behind me blocking off an entire section of seating. Everyone who passed me asked..."who are those seats for???" As if I would know.....I mean....I was not sitting in them myself, or anything like that....

I anxiously awaited the V.I.P.s ....they showed up about one hour before the start. Once they were settled I leaned over and asked them....."who ARE you people???" They got big grins on their faces and told me they were "VISITORS from Tempe." I said, " well, I didn't think you were beamed down from a space ship." Then the smart aleck (there is always ONE in every crowd) answered me, "how do you know we're NOT aliens?" I informed him that I do not go to those scary movies, so I really wouldn't know.

I always find it refreshing when there is someone out there as sarcastic as me.........I did happen to over-hear the name Sterling, OVER and OVER and OVER again....He is the person responsible for reserving all those seats.....I asked the hubby (who arrived MUCH, MUCH later)....would it be Sterling Tanner? Sterling Hilton? Sterling Trump? Sterling Gates? I need to get acquainted with this person....then I might not have to roast my little rump in the sun next year.

No comments: