Monday, April 4, 2011

Easter Baskets!

These are the ONLY glitter eggs I could find this year and they don't open up, but they sure do make my new fringe on my baskets look smart!
I've been crocheting these for years in pastel colors....I decided they needed a new "look" this year and found some fancy yarn. I used to hang them out front of my house in my little crepe myrtle tree with pink blossoms. Now I keep them mostly inside on my tree from Pottery Barn.
This yarn is called FIZZ!
This yarn is called GUINEVERE and looks almost like little eggs around the edge of the basket.
This one is called CARNIVALE from the Italian collection, in fact, all of my fancy yard is made in Italy. This one is not being made anymore...and, of course, I got the last skein the store had. Leave it to those Italians to make fancy purses, shoes and .....YARN.....I LOVE IT! This yarn has a little glitter in it and goes really well with glittery eggs. I never thought I would stoop to glitter at Easter....but.....a girl can change her mind, right?
I really like the little bits of ribbon that stick out....like twigs in a nest.

No comments: