Monday, April 4, 2011

Mark's 65th birthday!

Mark's birthday bash.....I decided to do mostly Costco food (for the first time ever.) This girl is tired of working on Sundays. I made whole wheat rolls the day before and prepared the baked potatoes. Sonia brought the chicken and Simona did her fabulous Romanian potato salad. Keira made a fruit bowl and Lara knocked out the appetizer.
I did take pity on Will and made gluten-free cupcakes. The mixes are improving all the time and these tasted like the "real" thing. The grand kids didn't notice a difference. I made my own white chocolate frosting and the cute little nests are from Walmart. Most of the family hates cake and prefers pie....so he got birthday apple pie this year.

Grandpa with his grand babies. The kids had a blast in the back yard with the new volleyball net and other games. They made candy necklaces for their craft time. I decided to save the little duck Pinata for our Easter gathering.

These kids LOVE their grandpa. Too bad John, Sylvie-Faye , Chloe and Zander are having to miss out. We love them and miss them.

Mark got lots of well wishes... Uncle Morgan called and left a voice mail singing..."I don't want to set the world on fire." That was good for a laugh...I couldn't believe he knew all the words. I mentioned that he only went off-key at the end....he said he was struggling not to bust out laughing.
Happy birthday Mark! YOU ARE LOVED! This girl mowed the lawn for her hubby since he was exhausted this week from Scouts. He remarked that I mow better than he does......OH NO.....I'm not falling for that line.....but I DID leave nice neat little rows that looked pretty sharp! Grandpa got a nice back rub from Grandma too! More surprises tomorrow....this is turning into a birthday WEEK!

No comments: