Sunday, April 17, 2011

Charity Baskets

I crocheted 50 baskets for Relief Society. Using the illustration of the little boy with the baskets of fishes and loaves, I encouraged each Sister to take her own personal basket of kind words and deeds and allow the Savior the increase what she already has and "feed" those around her with acts of charity. I added Marjorie Pay Hinckley's quote: "There is no such thing as a small act of kindness." I put in some sugared almonds just for the fun of it. I had left-overs....so Sonia's chandelier got hung with a dozen and today Mark and I will sneak over and hang a dozen on Dan's tree for his boys. Mark had to cut the beautiful ficus tree way back because of the frost damage. It looks so barren. Hopefully the little baskets will cheer things up a bit. I added
small boxes of gum from the Chinese store and candy corn for his boys.
Here is Dalton pitching! Babysat Sonia's kids all week while they went to San Francisco for their anniversary along with two other couples. We had a busy week with ball games and pack meetings, etc.... Dalton and Sutton are both the consummate athletes. Peyton is right behind them. Ashton is a precious little girl who has many friends and I am so pleased with her progress on the violin. Ashton and Dalton were perfect little helpers to Grandma who had to figure out the computer, heating-cooling system and other random appliances....I didn't master the alarm clock but woke up each day at 5 am...so didn't really need it LOL!
Sutton (in the middle) played several positions and both he and Dalton hit home runs!
Forgot to buy milk one night and so the next morning had hot chocolate and peanut-butter toast. Here is Dalton leaving the crusts behind.....I didn't flunk out every day. We also had french toast and scrambled eggs on other days.

No comments: