Monday, December 7, 2009

Festival of the Trees

My talented friend, Linda, does all the set-up decorating for the Festival of the Trees. She always invites me to do a tree. I did one the first year and skipped last year. She called again this year and the theme was "Storybook Christmas" ...could I refuse that? No!! This is her daughter, Shelly's, peacock tree. It sold.
Here is one of my favorites....Hansel and Gretel. It hadn't sold when I saw it on Saturday. They were asking close to 2,000. Maybe that's why...
Here is a sample of Linda's talent. Some people just buy stuff and throw it out. She designs and BUILDS it herself. I have used her one of her back drops for a mutual activity. She designed and built a New York City skyline out of cardboard complete with night lights...she is amazing!
This is my entry...Gingerbread Baby...including the book...sweets imported from the U.K. ( a shop in San Francisco) and a freshly baked Gingerbread House. I loved the yarn I found in Phoenix at a fabulous shop called ...."Knit Happens." I crocheted the tree skirt to fit the colors of the gingerbread and added some filament so it has a sheen to it. Found the luscious tree at a Designer's warehouse in Orange County California. I love to go there and get their wholesale prices...thanks to my sister-in-law and her card to get us in.

1 comment:

Vonney said...

You cabun looks like a fun place to be. I bet it is fun getting together with your children and grandkids.