Thursday, December 31, 2009

Doll House Dreams

This is the doll room of my dreams. It will be auctioned in New Port Beach this next month. The woman who owned it, collected for over 30 years. She devoted the fourth floor of her Vienna mansion to her more than 1,000 pieces of antique German and French dolls, doll houses, and miniature rooms. This one is a porcelain shop. I LOVE IT! I bought the hardbound two-volume book set so I can drool over them for the rest of my life! LOL! Isn't it the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?( As far as doll stuff goes.....) I even love the little drawers and shelves!

Okay....the auction was last Sunday.... I looked on Monday and it sold for 4,000 dollars! WOW!

3 comments:

mbreck said...

I remember going somewhere with you when I was little. It had all these porcelain dolls and stuff. I bought several postcards with these dolls set up like in a school and stuff. And bookmarks too. I loved that place. It is an amazing doll room.

Mark and Gretchen said...

That was the doll and toy museum in downtown Phoenix. I think that was the day we came home and you tried to eat my plastic grapes......

Kristin Coppee said...

Brooke, you're never gonna' live down the plastic grapes episode - EVER! Mom, those dollhouse books you bought are awesome. I just wanna' come over someday WITHOUT my kids and look through them carefully. I wish I was a rock star so I could put a bid on that porcelain doll shop for you.