Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Senior Citizens

There are no pictures for this blog......I can't find the words to express my complete joy! I am amazed at my savings today. We went to Fry's for Senior Citizens discount day. We usually forget to go.....in true S.C. fashion. Today, however, we took some coupons with us. Whoa....life has changed. The funny part is that when we get to the register, the checker doesn't ask my hubby for his I.D. Now you have to understand that my hubby is so slim and buff and works so hard at eating right, etc.. that he expects people to be shocked that he is OLD ENOUGH to get the discount.

S.C: Don't you want to see my I.D?
Checker: No sir, I try not to ask ANYBODY for I.D. ....ever....
S.C: Why not?
Checker: It upsets some people.
S.C: Do YOU think I look old enough to get the discount?

By this point I am busting out laughing....she just ruined his day by NOT asking for his I.D. The next best fun part of that shopping experience was getting the chocolate chip cookie on the way out the door. Now isn't that sweet? I love dragging my old man around with me...Oh and don't you want to know HOW MUCH we actually saved? Of course you do.....drum roll...$95.00!

Next stop was Costco Home....nothing we wanted there. Next stop...Kohls...and yet ANOTHER
Senior Citizen savings day. We saved $292.42!!!
Now I have to tell you what my sweet little old Senior Citizen said next......."We are going to go broke saving all this money."

Let's just rewind and do the math...Savings total........387.42
Expenditures.......284.58

That means we saved $97.74 MORE than we spent.....I just don't get my hubby's logic. I can't wait to go shopping again tomorrow....or better yet...go out to eat on that $97.74. Men just don't get it do they?

3 comments:

mbreck said...

Dear SC,
I think you look great and are not a day over 40 so I don't know what this crazy lady is talking about. I bet she ate some plastic grapes and they went to her head. And please please take me shopping. Awesome savings!

Mark and Gretchen said...

I will have to put my S.C. on a plane and let you use him on Senior Citizen Days....
Beware of plastic grapes!!!
Gigi

Kristin Coppee said...

DANG! I need to get me an old man ASAP! Well, Bertrand's not far off...or so he whines about on an almost daily basis.