Friday, March 6, 2009

I love my Solar Oven

Here is my new solar oven. I have been wanting one for several years. Only 155 dollars. It cooks like a slow cooker. We tried salmon fillets last week and they took three hours...so moist and tender. Then the next day did a chuck roast. Six and a half hours later...voila! Tender, moist, yummy roast with vegetables. Can't wait to beat the summer heat and keep the electricity bills down. Just practicing for possible hard times ahead. These ovens were developed for third world countries where there is no fuel to cook and also great for camping. No need to build a fire in the forest. Especially nice for forest fire season. Can't wait to try some bread!
Can you believe this is waterless cooking? I made some gravy from the juices...it was great! The temperature got up to 225 degrees. No need to even use Pam spray on the enamel pans. I feel so PRIMITIVE...should I do a reality show or something? Maybe a Pioneer show....no never mind...I need my creature comforts.
Today I cleaned out my shower drain. Mark got out the screw driver and lifted the drain cover. He then disappeared for me to do the "dirty" work. Now I really feel squeaky clean when I get in my shower.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of a solar oven! do you put it in a sunny location? or just on the counter? can you do eggs....sunny side up!? ok I Couldnt resist! HA love ya. nice web site! now I can keep track of all of you. what is the cure for cabin fever? Morgan

Anonymous said...

In ARIZONA in July...yes, you probably COULD put it on the counter in the sunlight ha ha!

Kristin Coppee said...

That solar oven is AMAZING! You have cooked some great stuff out of that. You should keep cooking dinner in it...and also inviting us over every night. Just putting it out there. Think about it.