Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to ME!!!

Mark bought me "Indian Stories" from my favorite artist, Morgan Weistling.....winner of the Prix de West. It will hang over the mantel in our master bedroom at the cabin. My grandfather would take us upstairs in the old farmhouse in Illinois and literally scare us to death with stories that he made up. He loved to tell us Indian stories and he would put each one of us into the story as the heroes and heroines. Then he would go back downstairs and leave us "city kids" alone in the dark...and I MEAN DARK...no street lights out on the farm. Then the famous electrical storms.... complete with chain lightning and terrible thunder would start....WHOA! This is MOTHER'S DAY...FATHER'S DAY.....AND OUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY GIFT! Sometimes I have to do some heavy negotiating...



Had just about the best Mother's Day EVER! Sonia and Sherman got me a beautiful clock for the cabin. Dan and Keira got me a vintage set of Grimm's Fairy Tales complete with beautiful color illustrations and Lara got me some fab earrings from Anthro. Will gave me a big hug and told me he is saving his money for his wife LOL! I heartily agree...it is going to take bucks to buy her way out of Romania. Drum roll...Dan made me another one of his "handmade" cards. He surprised me again....what can I say? Since I am not a very good photographer I didn't try to capture Lara's earrings...they are tiny and DARLING! Thank you...I LOVE YOU ALL!


1 comment:

indian stories said...

i like to get the interested and entertaining site which is very impressive and informative.