Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Reading Material

Was just reading the Wall Street Journal and found this exhibition is at the Morgan Library in New York. Apparently, this is supposed to be the most beautifully illustrated of the illuminated manuscripts of the 15th century. Also bought a companion book with the "definitive" explanations of illuminated manuscripts. I figured it's all a whole lot cheaper than flying to New York to see this stuff. I am also looking for something interesting to present at our FHE group once a month. Wish me luck! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ...the pictures of the jaws of Hell gaping open. Should produce some serious repenting this month. There are supposed to be some of the most beautiful illustrations of Bible stories in this as well. I will be expecting a lot because I think Carl Bloch does the best art of any that I have seen so far....

No comments: