Saturday, August 7, 2010

Garden Wedding

We have worked on the back garden for three days. Cleaned the pool filter and pond filter. Drained the ponds and back washed ( my favorite part) and mowed the lawns.
Raked all the pine needles and cleaned out the bushes (also full of pine needles.)
Scrubbed the bench, bridge and all the flagstone steps (bird bung!!!)
Now to chlorinate the water.....NO MORE FISH TO CLEAN UP AFTER......WHOOT!
Now its all ready for the wedding in less than 48 hours from now. Too bad we will be on a plane to London as it happens. Hope the bride and groom don't roast...they are getting married at 11am. I would have chosen the evening myself and had twinkle lights in all the trees and bushes. Oh well......I can do it my way for Simona and Will!

2 comments:

Debra said...

Your back yard will be beautiful for the wedding. thank you so much gretchen for the yummy meal and for playing for us. You have made us feel so welcome always. Have a wonderful time in Wales and Denmark. Actually... I'm jealous... but maybe someday Seth and I can have a grand adventure.

mbreck said...

I have always loved your back yard. Too me it is very Edenish to me. Very beautiful. Love you.