Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Genealogy...I am DOING it...my Genealogy....

This is a copy of a larger picture that hung on the wall over the bed in the upstairs bedroom of my grandparents' farmhouse in Bradford, Illinois. My grandmother was Edna Viola Peterson...her father was Martin Peterson. He is in the middle of the back row. I am searching for the names of his brothers. Martin was born in 1874 in Denmark. They emigrated in 1875. I am having some interesting things happen as I look for them. Sometimes I am up until midnight or 1am. It is hard to put it down. I sure am enjoying having Ancestry.com in my own home. I may get some new info this week-end as my brother in Illinois is going to meet with my Aunt.

So my children...you now have a picture of your Great-great grandfather, Martin Christopher Peterson. His daughter was Edna Viola (Peterson) Tumbleson, her daugher was Angela Elizabeth (Tumbleson) Wilson...and her daughter was Gretchen Angela (Wilson) Poulsen. Now aren't you glad I got back to my Danish roots?!! I DO love blue and white.....

No comments: